Rena M. Reese, M.S. is an author, founder of Soul Salon International and instructor at The Mindfulness Center in Bethesda, Md. In her latest book, The Soul Salon, readers enjoy what would equate to a year of personal life coaching as they learn about the path to awakening & bliss, living in alignment and enjoying a life of purpose. For more information about her books or speaking, please visit www.SoulSalonInternational.com.
Intuition...We have heard this word often and used especially in regard to women. It is thought that women have an extra skill at hearing the unspoken or feeling divine nudges. Surely women's intuition isn't something we are born genetically able to do better than men; therefore, it must be a learned trait. While it's possible that you know some highly intuitive men and women, how about considering how this gift is honed and used for benefit. You likely get hits from your intuition often and just don't know what to call them.
Here are some examples of your intuition at work.
1. Your dreams.If you have a vivid dream or a repeating dream, pay attention. Your subconscious mind or higher self has a divine connection that you have to trust. Dreams are often taken metaphorically to gain meaning.
2. The famous gut reaction. This is an actual physical response that you truly feel in your gut. This can be a confirmation that you made a choice you will regret or one that is so wildly important to your progress in life that you might chicken out b/c it is scary.
3. Coincidence. No such thing as coincidence. Pay attention to the meetings, events, people, synchronicity that pop up in your life. What is God pointing you to, or away from?
4. The Little Voice. We all have the little voice. And when we ignore it, it may turn into a louder voice. It is the one filtering info to us so we can make good choices, live our purpose, stop settling and achieve some fabulous goals!
5. Emotional Responses. If you are brought to tears during a conversation or find yourself thinking you don't trust someone's word or something feels "off" that is a hint you should honor. Many a con artist was thwarted b/c a person trusted their assessment of the connection.
6. Knowing. This is something that you cannot explain the "why" of ; you just know something with such certainty.
7. Symbolic sight. This can come coupled with a knowing. It is a visual picture you may get in your mind's eye of what is possible, what to avoid, what you need and so on.
However you receive your intuitive nudges, honoring them will find you better off than you were before. You'll be on a road to better health, achieving goals, supporting others and a finding a great deal of happiness.